Revive Radio is committed to respecting and protecting your data whilst it is in our care. We collect your personal information because it helps us to understand your needs and guides the way in which we interact and communicate with you about our products and services now and in the future. We have strict policies and procedures in place to protect your data when you send it to us, when we process it in order to provide you with the services you have requested or, where you have given us your permission to do so, to send you information that we think you will find interesting, and thereafter when we store your data on our secure servers.
This policy explains how we will collect information about you through interaction with us over the radio, on the road, at trade shows or through any sales channel and what we will use it for.
- Data Protection Policy
Collection of Information
We collect personal information from you through your interaction via our websites, text services or other media such as giving your information to one of our roaming “street teams”. This may occur when you participate in, or sign up to, any of Revive Radio’s services, such as competitions, research panels, or if you use any of our apps.
The information we collect will vary depending on the service you request but could include name, address, phone number, email address, user name, password, age, gender, date of birth, household composition, comments, competition answers. We may also ask for additional information depending on the nature of the service provided. We will not normally collect any sensitive personal information from you, and in any event, will request your express consent to do so. We do not aim to collect any personal information from individuals under the age of 16. We may obtain additional information about you from 3rd parties data brokers and from social media links.
If you use any of our apps, we will collect the following information:
(i) your location – upon your first use you will be prompted for permission for us to use your location (which you may decline) in order to offer you relevant services (we cannot offer relevant services if you do not permit us to detect and use your location); and
(ii) your device – if you access our services from a device such as a mobile telephone running an application, we will uniquely identify each instance of the application, but we will not be able to personally identify you from this information.
- To provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our sites.
- For statistical purposes to track how many users we have and have often they visit our websites.
- We use organisation to collect anonymous user information so they can analyse how the website is being used and the number of visitors.
- We and our advertisers may use statistical cookies to track who has seen an advert and clicked on it.
- To show you adverts that you may be interested in and to control the number of time you see them and measures the effectiveness of the ad campaign.
- We may use ‘Flash’ cookies to store your preference for your media player. If we do not use them, it may not be possible for you to watch some video content.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies, but please be aware that for some parts of our sites to work, you will need to accept cookies.
Use of Information
We will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- provide, administer and communicate with you about our services and promotions (e.g. to enable you to log in to your account and/or enter competitions on one of our websites).
- create statistics, profiles and marketing opportunities, and analyse information to formulate opinions. To do these things, we might use information about you from other organisations.
- help prevent fraud and loss.
- train our staff.
- get in touch with you about products, events, promotions and services that we or our 3rd party partners are offering.
This could be by email, phone, text, or another form of electronic communication. We will only do so if you have told us that you want to hear from us or our 3rd party partners If you call into one of our broadcasts and make rude or offensive remarks, we will keep a record to block further live calls from you.
- We may share personal information with service providers who perform functions and services on our behalf. Such third parties will be provided with personal information necessary to perform the services on our behalf but are not authorised to use such information for any other purposes.
- Only where you have agreed to receive marketing communications from third parties, will we pass on your personal information for this purpose.
- We may disclose your personal information when you enter a competition (for example to the competition sponsors or to provide winners with their prize).
- We will always ask for your consent before we publish any material provided by you or information about you.
- We may carry out research or analysis, which uses your personal information, via our sites and share “pooled” responses to questions with our partner organisations.
- We may also disclose personal information about you to comply with applicable laws and when requested to do so by law enforcement agencies or government bodies.
Use of Aggregate Information
- Lawful Basis
Revive Radio collects and holds data under the following types of lawful basis:
Data collected on sales contacts, active and former clients, prospective and current employees is held on the basis on legitimate interest in the station and the services it provides.
Data collected from competitions, marketing and promotional exercises is held on the basis of consent, all data collected in this manner is done on a double opt-in basis, only used in accordance with data preferences submitted at the time and stored securely.
For more information please contact email@example.com
- Data Retention Policy
We will keep personal information only for as long as we need it to maintain our relationship with you, provide you with the products, services or information you requested, to inform our research into the preferences of our supporters, to comply with the law, and to ensure we do not communicate with individuals that asked us not to. When we no longer need the information, we will dispose of it securely, using specialist companies to do this work for us if necessary. Personal information is stored by us on computers located in the UK. We may also store information in paper files. We may transfer personal information to reputable third party organisations situated inside or outside the European Economic Area. These organisations are required to safeguard personal information pursuant to their contractual obligations or participation in international data transfer mechanisms including the US-EU Privacy Shield framework. Revive Radio reserves the right to retain data for a maximum of 10 years from collection.
- Cyber Security Policy
All data held by Revive Radio is handled with strict security, we are committed to protecting your data both on and offline as a result we have implemented security measures to protect against the loss, misuse or theft of your data.
We review our Cyber Security procedures on a regular basis, all personal information is stored on password protected computers based in the United Kingdom or on secure web based systems using SSL encryption. The internet is not a totally secure medium and you acknowledge and agree that Revive Media Group shall not be responsible for unauthorised use, distribution, damage or destruction of personal data, except to the extent that we are required to accept such responsibility under the Data Protection Act 1998.
When we ask another organisation to provide a service for us, we ensure that they have appropriate security measures in place. If we or our service providers transfer any information out of the European Economic Area (EEA), it will only be transferred with the correct protection in place, as stated UK law.
- Data Request Policy
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you have the right to see what information we hold about you and you may ask us to make any changes that you consider necessary to make the information accurate. You have the right at any time to request that Revive Radio stops using your data, You may request access to the personal information we hold about you.
Data Correction: You have the right to ask us to correct our records if you believe they contain incorrect or incomplete information about you.
Data Erasure: You have the right to erasure (deletion), without undue delay, of your personal information for which you later withdraw your consent to processing, or when it is no longer needed for purpose it was originally collected.
Data Processing Restrictions: You have the right to temporarily restrict our processing of your personal information if: you contest the accuracy of your personal information; you prefer we restrict its use rather than erase it; you need it to be preserved to establish, exercise, or defend a legal claim; whilst you are verifying whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it. You have the right to be informed before we lift the processing restriction.
Data Portability: You have the right to ask us to provide you (in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format without hindrance) personal information about you that we have which you had provided to us. You may ask us to transmit it directly to another controller if it is technically feasible.
How do we collect and use your Personal Data?
We collect your details when you register on our website, subscribe to our service; place an order on our website; search for a product; correspond with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise; participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our website, enter a competition or promotion.
With regard to each of your visits to our websites we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
We will always be transparent about how we plan to use your data so that you have the choice whether or not to give it to us. We respect your preferences and will do our best to make sure that we keep our promises. If you give us your consent to send you further marketing messages we may contact you from time-to-time with carefully selected offers and promotions from ourselves or from our network of carefully selected partners, from which you may always opt-out or unsubscribe. It is not our practice to contact you if you have made it clear that you do not wish to hear from us about our products and services.
We may need to authenticate your identity to provide you with access to subscriber-only services. We might also send you surveys or invite you to enter a competition or receive a newsletter, for instance. If you do not wish to participate you may simply decline our invitations.
Our iPad, Android and other “apps” may collect user data, which we use to learn about our listeners and improve our apps.
As part of our Google Analytics tracking we have implemented the following features: Remarketing, Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. Visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising by visiting here.
We use this information for reporting purposes and to advertise online. Third-party vendors, including Google, may show your ads on sites across the Internet. We may use the cookies relating to Google Analytics together with third party cookies to inform, optimise and serve ads based on a user’s part visits to our websites.
Do we share that data with any other companies?
However, you expressly consent to the sharing of your Personal Data with those suppliers with whom we contract in order to provide services to you, otherwise we may not be able to provide the level of service that we know you’ll require.
If you send in a comment, we may post it on our site or use it as a testimonial without mentioning your full name or publishing any information that would identify you. Furthermore in some circumstances we may display some of your information such as your username and age. Others may be able to see your personal data if you post any information on bulletin boards or forums and may be used to send you unsolicited communications over which we have no control.
Please take care when using social networking sites to which we may invite you to join that you do not disclose anything that you might later wish to retract.
There are certain times when we may be legally required to disclose your data in good faith where it is required by law or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on us, or where we have a requirement to protect or defend the rights of Revive Radio or any users of our servers. We will always ensure that those requesting the information have the legal right to do so.
The information we may collect from you about others
Leaving our website and moving on to third party websites
Online behavioural advertising
We use an advertising service called online behavioural advertising (OBA). This allows us to deliver targeted advertising to the visitors of our websites. It works by showing you adverts that are based on your browsing patterns and the way you have interacted with the website.
None of the OBA techniques used will collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address or phone number.
Logging in using social networking
If you login to our sites using a Facebook login or a Google login, you are granting permission to Facebook and or Google login to share your user details with Revive Radio. This will include your name, email address, date of birth and location which will then be used to form a Revive Radio identity. This will also allow Revive Radio and Facebook and/or Google login to share your networks, user ID and any other information you choose to share according to your Facebook and/or Google account settings. If you remove Revive Radio app from your Facebook and or Google settings, we will no longer have access to this information.
- Changes to our Privacy and Data Policies
- Contact Us